Get Ready!


Time is Running Out!


Recently I’ve found myself thinking about a recurring vision I experienced as an infant. I would sit upright at night and watch through the bars of my cot an illuminated ticking clock superimposed onto the wall. It would always make me cry. One time I can remember my father coming into the bedroom to comfort me.




The clock was a message showing me that time was running out.

Below is an excerpt from my book Beyond Earthly Realms. Please read it and share it with as many people as possible as I am absolutely convinced that time is indeed running out for us all!


Get Ready! (From Chapter 10)


I watched as people went about their daily chores and business; they met their friends in the street, they joked and they laughed. And all the while I looked on in wonder. How could they live this life without God, which, as the bible says, is here today and gone tomorrow? Such a life is just a chasing after the wind and utterly meaningless without Him. Such bible verses now held great significance for me. My pain for these people became all-consuming. I empathised deeply with them because I was personally walking in a revelation of a life devoid of God.

In my mind’s eye these people walked about with large countdown clocks hanging around their necks. Each person’s time was set differently. I could see nothing else but these clocks; I couldn’t get them out of my mind. All I could see was time running out on every person my eyes met. Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick; each passing second was moving towards the end of their lives and an eternity without God.

Later I learned this is a biblical image. The bible tells us that God knows the exact length of our days: ‘You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.’ (Job 14:5 NLT)

However these people were nonchalant about their predicament; they cared little or nothing about their own mortality and worse still they cared nothing for God. I likened it to a man sitting in his lounge, entertained by his television. All around him the house is burning to the ground. He sits there oblivious, laughing at the comedian on the screen, but his laughing turns to choking as he is overcome by the smoke, before finally and tragically being consumed by the flames.

I wanted to run up to these people in the street, to interrupt them and shake them out of their malaise. I wanted to shout at them: ‘Time is running out!’

Friends: time is running out for all of us, whether we know Jesus or not. In a mere second we could find that we have passed from this life into the next. We should not make the mistake of believing that we will reach old age either; our life could be taken from us at any time. Jesus warned us of this. He spoke about a man who believed that he would live until he was old. But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you’ (Luke 12:20). James also warns us of this. He tells us that all such boasting is evil (James 4:13-17).

The question is, are we ready? Are we ready to meet the Lord? Are our hearts right before Him? Are we in relationship with Him? Are we doing His will?

* * *

Jason Carter is the author of Beyond Earthly Realms and Trumpet Blast Warning. For more information visit www.trumpetblastwarning.co.uk




In October 1991, Jason Carter received a series of striking visions about the last days of human history. These began with a ten hour waking vision in which he was taken by the Holy Spirit beyond earthly realms and shown things that are to come. What he saw and heard was a wakeup call to the church in Europe and throughout the world. 
For over twenty years the only person whom Jason told was his wife. Now he shares these visions and their interpretations for the first time with the wider public. 
In this companion volume to his acclaimed Trumpet Blast Warning, Jason Carter gives us heaven’s perspective on earth’s future. Prepare to be challenged. In the world’s increasing darkness, we need a brave new church. 
Whether you are a believer or not the revelations in this book will not leave you unmoved. 
It truly is time to get ready!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to WATCH and PRAY

18 things you need to start thinking about

The Greater Enemy - A Vital Warning Message to the Church